Reserved Seating: Scream For Help

by Rob DiCristino and Adam Riske
The French Connection made by the worst student in any film school.

5. A person gets hit by a car and the filmmaking is straight out of a movie like Pieces or Death Spa. The character is said to be pregnant which makes it all kinds of wrong.

6. The movie stops cold for me every time Brenda and Lacey Bohle are on-screen. It would be better I think if it was just Paul Fox as the villain.

7. Finally, the end credits song called “Christie” (by Jon Anderson) is the best/worst song we’ve had in a Reserved Seating film since that milk and cookies jam in Author! Author!

Rob: The pregnant woman getting hit by a car is part of what I’m talking about. It makes for an insane gag, and it wouldn’t be as bad if it weren’t for the fact that she tells us she’s pregnant SECONDS before in the SAME scene. This is a teenager! The filmmakers clearly put that there for shock value, and that made me really angry. I think the violence against women is especially frustrating given that Scream for Help is, at its core, about a young girl trying like hell to prove that a powerful man committed a sexual transgression when no one believes her. I mean, do I even have to talk about why that’s fertile ground for a smart horror movie? This one totally shits the bed on that front.
Lady in White and Vampire’s Kiss in the past 24 hours, which both have similar ugly treatment of women and children and I’m sick of all that shit right now. I need a SMM palate cleanse, like Trick r’ Treat where nothing bad happens to women or children. Oh wait…

Rob: Yuppie dudes in the ‘80s took filing very seriously. What are we watching next week?

Adam: One of the last few Wes Craven films I’ve yet to see: Deadly Blessing. Until next time…

Rob: These seats are reserved.

Film Lainnya


Komentar :